To create a Kindle.app Fileset, there is no need for Fileset Magic. Instead, drag-and-drop into a template Fileset will do it.
The Kindle App is also on the App Store, so you are able to use VPP.
These instructions will also work
- FW Admin
- (Other tools, features, and applications that will be needed)
- Download and install Kindle.app on your FW Admin computer. You can do this through the App Store, but for easier updating we recommending visiting amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/kindlemacdownload/ref=klp_mac ) and downloading the kindle app.dmg from there.
- Import the attached fileset ( Kindle-template.fileset.zip ) into FileWave Admin , and double-click it to open it.
- Drag the Kindle.app from your Applications folder into the Applications Folder in of the Fileset.
- You FileSet is ready to deploy !
- Important: If a user accidentally deletes / uninstalls the Kindle.app, it will not run again unless:
- You deploy this app with FileWave Kiosk. This way if a user accidentally deletes – uninstalls the Kindle.app, he will have the option to make the app run through kicking on Uninstall and then again on Install on the Kiosk.
- Otherwise the FW Admin will have send a "reinstall selected fileset" command to make the Kindle.app open again