An optional add-on for Chromebook management in FileWave is the FileWave Inventory extension. We'll describe what this add-on allows you to do in this article.
We'll want to make use of the inventory extension for any of the following functions:
- Additional Inventory Retrieval (Beyond what the Google Admin Console sends us):
- Application Information (installed app and extensions)
- User Information (currently logged in user, etc)
- Network Information (current IP)
- Font Information
- Device Storage data (drive space, etc)
- Geo-location Information (location, but only if explicitly turned on)
- Submit "Last Connected" time (which should not be confused with last sync time...Last Connected is the last time the device talked directly to the FileWave server)
- Ability to initiate an remote control session through TeamViewer (version 14.6+)
- To send a "Verify" to make the device check in immediately
Reference the Quick Start Guide below for instructions on setting up the inventory extension for your Chromebooks.