With very little effort, you can now upgrade your devices to Mojave using this recipe.
Upgrading older versions
Devices running earlier versions (pre 10.8 Mountain Lion) will require updating twice; first to a Mountain Lion and then to Mojave for example.
- FW Admin
- Recently downloaded Install macOS Mojave.app
- Attached: Fileset
- Client requirements vary, please see Apple's compatibility KB
Associate Fileset as a Kiosk association for the end users to install in their own time.
- Download the Install macOS Mojave.app from the App Store
Please check the installer app is the complete installation (6+ GB) and not the installation wizard (16 MB) before continuing. If the app is 16 MB, please run pending App Store updates and redownload the Install macOS Mojave.app
- Download the Fileset attached to this recipe and import into FileWave: upgrade_10.14_template.zip
- Once imported into FileWave, open the Fileset so you see the contents window.
You will need to replace the .fwplaceholder in the /Applications folder with the Install macOS Mojave.app
The Fileset should look like this:
5. Associate to test machines
6. Once tested, deploy to your clients
Re-running the Filesest
This Fileset adds a file to prevent re-running the Fileset. If the Fileset requires re-running, this file will need to be removed in advance:
If you are having issues with devices updating check out:
- If you see the alert 'Installation cannot proceed with Boot Camp configured' - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT209057
- Install macOS 10.14 Mojave on Mac Pro (Mid 2010) and Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208898
- How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201475