With very little effort, you can now upgrade your Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan machines to Sierra using this recipe. If you or your clients are still on 10.6.x, 10.7.x, or 10.8.x please see our other recipes.
- FW Admin
- Recently downloaded Install macOS Sierra.app (10.12.0-10.12.6 Version of macOS Sierra Install app)
- Attached: Fileset
- Clients on 10.8.x, 10.9.x or 10.10.x, 10.11.x with at least 10GB free disk space
Associate Fileset as a Kiosk association for the end users to go through on their own time.
Works on High Sierra if you change the names
- Download the Install macOS Sierra.app from the App Store
- Download the Fileset attached to this recipe, import it into FileWave: upgrade_10.12_template.fileset (1).zip
- Once imported into FileWave, open the Fileset up so you see the contents window.
You will need to then replace the .fwplaceholder in the /Applications folder with the Install macOS Sierra.app
Should look like this:
Deploy to your clients