You should already have an account and system with Univention before starting these steps (seehttps://www.univention.com/products/documentation/ for Univention setup and documentation).
FileWave includes complete Univention Corporate Server (UCS) integration. With a simple click, UCS users can easily install FileWave via the UCS App Center. Furthermore, seamless integration with Identity Management and directory services in UCS is ensured.
Visit https://www.univention.com/products/ucs/ for more information about UCS.
This quick start guide will help you get the server installed via Univention and then FileWave Admin from FileWave.
- You should already have an account and system with Univention before starting these steps. Verify you have a working UCS system and currently logged into your account.
- Select 'Software' from the icon bar and choose 'App Center'.
- If the 'Univention App Center' introduction screen appears, check 'Do not show this message again' and click 'Continue'.
- Scroll down and find the listing for 'FileWave MDM'. Applications are listed alphabetically.
- Click the green 'back to top of page' dot and then the 'Install' button on the right.
- Click 'Accept License and Continue'.
- Click the 'Install' button to confirm that you want to continue with the installation of FileWave MDM.
After FileWave MDM (the server component) has been installed from the Univention App Portal, you will see the 'README' document with the remaining steps/options. The README document will guide you in making an account for filewave.com, installing the FileWave Admin application, and provide additional recources.If you are managing many device types (i.e. Windows and iOS), please refer the respective Quick Start Guide for each operating system ( https://www.filewave.com/quick-starts).If you need to restart the FileWave server for any reason, click the 'App Settings' button.