VPP Tokens need to be renewed once a year. FileWave dashboard will alert when any VPP Token is about to expire by changing to yellow and stating duration until expiry; subsequently turning red once a VPP token expires. Use the steps below to renew VPP Tokens.
- FileWave Admin fwadmin credentials
- Access to Apple Business or School Manager
- Navigate to the appropriate Apple account, e.g ASM:
- Select settings at the bottom of the left hand panel
- Choosing "Apps and Books" will list all VPP tokens in the bottom right. Select the appropriate token to Download as highlighted:
- Log into the FileWave Admin console and from Preferences > VPP & DEP select "Configure tokens" and enter the 'fwadmin' password:
- From the "Edit VPP service tokens" window double clicking the appropriate token will open the "VPP server token" showing current VPP token details:
- Use the 'Import' feature to select the downloaded token from Step 3. Email is not required, but may be a good idea where multiple tokens are configured:
- On saving, a prompt will appear indicating it may take a while for synchronisation. This window will automatically close at completion.
- During any synchronisation, an additional prompt may appear if there are new VPP App licences that do not yet have Filesets. Allow creation if desired.
Congratulations, the VPP token is now configured for another year!