- Log into the FileWave Server with the FileWave Admin console.
- Open the preferences, go to the Imaging tab, and click the plus sign on the left.
- Enter the static IP address of the IVS into the Server Address field, ensure that Generate new key on Save is checked, wait for the red dot next to the Port field to turn green, and click OK.
- Click OK again to close the Filewave Admin Preferences window.
- Open the preferences again and return to the Imaging tab.
- Select the your IVS and click the Status button. The status lights should be all green with the exception of NBI for macOS Imaging. If there are more red dots or all status dots are yellow then close all preference windows, wait 5 minutes and check again. If the any of the other status dots except for "NBI for macOS imaging" remain red after 10 minutes, please contact your FileWave SE for assistance.
Creating the NBI (macOS 10.12 and lower only)
To be able to NetBoot Macs you need to provide a Network Boot Image (NBI) across the network to our macOS clients. This NBI is created using an automated NBI creation script from the IVS that can be downloaded via the FileWave Admin. Install the FileWave Admin app on a macOS client machine running a version of macOS that you can use to boot all of your Macs that will be NetBooted. The NBI will be created from the recovery partition of the machine from which the NBI creation script is run. If the script fails check that your Mac you're running the script for has a recovery partition. If not then consider running the NBI creation script from another Mac that does have a recovery partition. If you have multiple IVS's with each serving a different subnet, you'll need to download and run the NBI creation script multiple times, once for each IVS as its address is embedded in the NBI.