This recipe shows you the steps you need to follow to make a Sophos Anti-Virus Fileset. Details may be found from the following links:
- FW Admin
- Sophos Installers
- Login to Sophos Central Admin.
- Navigate to Protect Devices then choose one of the following options:
- Download Complete macOS Installer
- Choose Components (this option is available if licensed for multiple features)
- The SophosInstall.zip is then downloaded and is by default saved on the Downloads folder.
- Extract its contents to the same folder. The following should then be found where the files are extracted to:
- Sophos Installer Components folder
- Sophos Installer.app
Type sudo-s and authenticate then copy and paste this command into a text editor like TextWrangler, edit the information so its pointing to your server and your username/password combination:
Provide executable permissions to the following files before running the installer. This can be done with the following commands: sudo chmod a+x /Users/<username>/Downloads/Sophos\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Sophos\ Installer sudo chmod a+x /Users/<username>/Downloads/Sophos\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/tools/com.sophos.bootstrap.helper Run the command below to install: sudo /Users/<username>/Downloads/Sophos\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Sophos\ Installer --install This command assumes that the Downloads folder contains the extracted files stated on the previous step.
Once you run this Sophos will hash out the username/passwords and everything else, and your package will be ready to be deployed.
In order to deploy it, you need to copy the script below to a text file and name it. Mine is named install-sophos.sh