6.2 Linux Booster Upgrade
The Linux Booster upgrade can be intimidating since it will all be done in terminal but we try to make it as simple as possible for you.
- On your workstation go to the FileWave website → Support → Software Downloads → FileWave Management Suite → select "Release notes and Download". (You will select the newest release of FileWave that you are upgrading to and not necessarily 12.3) FileWave Management Suite Downloads Page
- You will then scroll down on the page until you see "Linux Installers". You do not need to select this as you will not be running them on your machine but it will show you the commands that you can use on your Linux server.
- Next step would be to connect to your FileWave Linux Booster. For this there are a few options you are able to use depending on if you are running a macOS or Windows computer as your workstation. Two options you are able to do is to use ssh to the server using terminal on macOS or use "putty" on a windows machine.
- This step is optional but, is something that will help with organization of your installers on your Booster. I will make a directory for the FileWave Installers and a folder for the version I am upgrading to. If you do not want to do this you can skip to step 5.
- Move to the "/" level
- Make a Directory named "FileWaveInstallers"
- Go in to the "FileWaveInstallers" directory.
- Make a folder for the version you are upgrading to, I will be using "v12.3"
- Go in to the folder you created in step d. For me that is "v12.3"
- We will now start to download the installers needed for upgrading the FileWave Booster. For this we offer the command to grab the installers for the version of FileWave you are upgrading to that you are able to copy and paste in to your terminal window connected to the server. This command is found on the software downloads page and was shown in step 2 and I highlighted below.
- Once the installers are downloaded they will be zipped so you will need to run the unzip command. This command is found on the software downloads page and was shown in step 2 and I highlighted below.
- Once the installers are unzipped you will need to run the command to upgrade the Booster found on the software downloads page. This command is found on the software downloads page and was shown in step 2 and I highlighted below.
Once you have run the command on your Booster it can take a little while to finish you will see that it is installed successfully. Once that finishes we recommend restarting the booster server which you can do with the below command.
shutdown -r now
- You are now done upgrading the Booster.