VPP Tokens need to be renewed once a year. Your FileWave dashboard will alert you when your any VPP Token (s) are is about to expire by turning changing to yellow and stating how long you have till VPP will expire and then finally when VPP finally has expired by turning redduration until expiry; subsequently turning red once a VPP token expires. Use the steps below to renew your VPP Token(s)Tokens. What you'll need:
Access to your
- FileWave Admin
- fwadmin credentials
- Access to
- Apple Business or School Manager
Apple School Manager (school.apple.com) (ASM). Below are step by step guides for each method depending on what you are currently using. Both methods are exactly the same on the FileWave side but the location to find the VPP token on Apple's site will be different.
Congratulations you have successfully renewed your VPP token, see you again next year!
|title||Steps if you use Apple School Manager|
- Navigate to the appropriate Apple account, e.g ASM:
- Select settings at the bottom of the left hand panel
- Choosing "Apps and Books" will list all VPP tokens in the bottom right. Select the appropriate token to Download as highlighted:
- Log into the FileWave Admin console and from Preferences > VPP & DEP select "Configure tokens" and enter the 'fwadmin' password:
- From the "Edit VPP service tokens" window double clicking the appropriate token will open the "VPP server token"
- showing current VPP token
- Use the 'Import' feature to select the downloaded token from Step 3. Email is not required, but may be a good idea where multiple tokens are configured:
- On saving, a prompt will appear indicating it may take a while for synchronisation. This window will automatically close at completion.
- During any synchronisation, an additional prompt may appear if there are new VPP App licences that do not yet have Filesets. Allow creation if desired.
Congratulations, the VPP token is now configured for another year!