Need to install CS 6 onto your computers? If it's Master Collection, Design Standard, Design and Web Premium or Production Premium we have you covered.
With CS6 , Adobe has introduced a new way of serializing volume licensed installations. The method of activating a Suite on one computer and deploying it to other computers no longer works, so we follow the approach of distributing the installed files as a fileset and then running a serialization script at the end of the fileset activation. Self-Healing and the Intelligent Downloader still work that way.
- AAME 3.0 or higher
- CS 6 Install Media (DVD or Download)
- FileWave Admin 5.0 or higher
- Up to 20 Gb of free space
- Download and Install Adobe AAMEE 3.1 : http://download.macromedia.com/pub/developer/creativesuite/AAMEE/win/ApplicationManagerEnterprise_3_1_all.exe
- Using AAMEE 3.1, create a "CS6 Trial Package" with all your desired options (disable updates, etc.)
- Using AAMEE 3.0, create a "CS6 Serialization File" and save it at a location of your choosing. Keep in mind you have to do this on a machine connected to the internet!
- On your package building machine, start FileSet Magic and take a Snapshot
- Use the AAMEE generated package from Step 2 to install the CS6 Suite
- Configure CS6 further, add in Templates, Install Application Updates
- Take another Snapshot in Fileset Magic and build your unserialized fileset
(Make sure to include the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp folder)
- If the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe PCD folder has been created, set it to "Download if missing" and include the "Don't overwrite existing files upon deployment" checkbox to prevent erasing existing Adobe Licenses.
- Import the AdobeSerialization Binary and .prov file generated in step 3 into the fileset, into C:\ProgramData\Adobe ( If you have different license keys for different departments, it might make sense to have separate CS and serialization filesets - in this case, just follow steps 8 - 10 in a new , empty fileset )
- Create a serializecs6.bat file that looks like this:
Import the .bat file to C:\ProgramData\Adobe
- Set the imported script to execute at activation using the "Get Info" button
Just a side note...If you are using this recipe to make a fileset for CS5, you will need to use AAMEE 2.1 to create the package. 3.x is solely for CS6.