Having your users accept a policy at the login window before they log in is easy.
- FW Admin
- macOS computer
- A text editor application
Creating the text file
Open a text editorApple's TextEdit will work perfectly Located in: Macintosh HD → Applications → TextEdit.app
Add the information you'd like in the banner and save the file named
- With any of these extensions:
- .txt - Plain Text - Saves as text only
- .rtf - Rich Text - Saves as text with features like color and font
- .rtfd - Rich Text Directory - Saves as text with color, font and images
A sample rtfd is attached ( PolicyBanner.rtfd_.zip ).
Placing the text file into the fileset
- Download the sample fileset ( Custom-LoginWindow-Agreement.fileset.zip )
- Import the fileset into FileWave Admin
Open the fileset and the
Replace PolicyBanner.txt with your PolicyBanner.txt or PolicyBanner.rtf or PolicyBanner.rtfd
Change the permissions/owner so a user can not edit the file.
- The file will show up as a folder, as it has to include the picture and text as two seperate files
- URL or other Hyperlinks will not work when displayed at the login window
- You will not be able to export the rtfd later due to it's folder format.
See support.apple.com/kb/HT4788 For more information.