Deploying Silverlight to Windows Clients ( Windows XP Service Pack 3 and newer )
- FW Admin
- Silverlight Installer .exe
- Download the Silverlight.exe from http://microsoft.com/getsilverlight
- Create a new , empty desktop fileset , give it a name and open it by double-clicking it
- Locate a temporary folder that is invisible to the normal user ( like C:\Windows\temp ) by unchecking "Hide unused Folders" and import the Silverlight.exe by dragging & dropping it into the folder
- Click on the silverlight.exe inside the fileset ( Figure 1 #1) , and use the "Get Info" ( Figure 1 #2 ) Button to open the Info window
- Go to the "Executable" Tab and click "Execute once at activation ..." ( Figure 2 #1 ), and click on the "+" button on the top right of the list ( Figure 2 #2 ).
Now, add the "/q" "Launch argument" below ( Figure 2 #3 ). Repeat that procedure for the "/doNotRequireDRMPrompt" and the "/noupdate" Launch Arguments as well.
Finally, confirm the changes by clicking "Apply" ( Figure 2 #4 ).
You're ready to deploy your fileset to a test client !If you'd like to test Silverlight on your test client, use the following URL: http://playready.directtaps.net/pr/doc/slee/
Please note that Silverlight DRM generally does NOT work in Virtual Machines !
- (Optional) Should you want to create an uninstaller FileSet for Silverlight, duplicate your fileset and go back to the "Executable" Tab of Silverlight.exe in the duplicate. Then, change the "/q" parameter to "/qu" , remove all other parameters, click "apply" and test it on a test client.
Other comments and details