With very little effort, you can now upgrade your Mountain Lion machines to Mavericks using a template Fileset that you download from this recipe.
If you are your clients are still on 10.6.x or 10.7.x. Please use this article: Upgrade your Mountain Lion or Mavericks machines to Yosemite (unattended install)
- FW Admin
OS X Mavericks Install app
- Mavericks Template Fileset
- Clients on 10.8.x with at least 10GB free disk space
- Download the OS X Mavericks Installer from the App Store
- Download the template Fileset from here: upgrade to Mavericks.fileset.zip
- Unzip the Fileset and drag it to FileWave Admin
- Double click on your Fileset to open it
- Go back to your Mavericks app that you downloaded and right click on it and click "Show Package Content"
- Drag "Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg" to your Fileset window to this Folder "OS X Install Data".
- Close Fileset Content Window.
- Select Fileset and go its properties from Tool Bar button and make it "Ignore at Verify" then Apply settings.
- Done, test deploy your Fileset.
The Fileset script assumes the installer path to be "/OS X Install Data/InstallESD.dmg" and the install volume is "/" by default. If you want to customize that, you can change the script's arguments by getting info on "/OS X Install Data/upgradeScript.sh" then "Executable" Tab.
If you are having issues, all installer events are saved into this log file "/var/log/fwOSXUpgrade.log", you can share that with technical support.