With very little effort, you can now upgrade your Mountain Lion or Mavericks machines to Yosemite using a template Fileset that you download from this recipe.
- FW Admin
- OS X Yosemite Install app
- Yosemite Template Fileset
- Clients on 10.8.x or 10.9.x with at least 10GB free disk space
- Download the OS X Yosemite Installer from the App Store
- Download the template Fileset from here: upgrade to Yosemite.fileset.zip
- Unzip the Fileset and drag it to FileWave Admin
- Double click on your Fileset to open it
- Go back to your Yosemite app that you downloaded and right click on it and click "Show Package Content"
- Drag "Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg" to your Fileset window to this Folder "OS X Install Data".
- Close Fileset Content Window.
- Select Fileset and go its properties from Tool Bar button and make it "Ignore at Verify" then Apply settings. (You may need to select one of the other options and back to "Ignore at Verify" before the Apply Verification Button can be pressed.)
- Done, test deploy your Fileset.
The Fileset script assumes the installer path to be "/OS X Install Data/InstallESD.dmg" and the install volume is "/" by default. If you want to customize that, you can change the script's arguments by getting info on "/OS X Install Data/upgradeScript.sh" then "Executable" Tab.
If you are having issues, all installer events are saved into this log file "/var/log/fwOSXUpgrade.log", you can share that with technical support.