In some instances, the resolution of FileWave Observe Client may not be desirable. This guide explains how to use Apple's built-in Screen Sharing App through FileWave.
- FW Admin
- Attached Fileset
The attached Fileset, enables Screen Sharing on the macOS computer and includes a Superpref to change the default port and managed remote setting.
- Client VNC Server Port will be changed from 20031 to 5900
- Client Privacy preference 'Managed remote control' will be disabled
- macOS Screen Sharing will be enabled with default authentication
Apple Remote Desktop
If the device is configured to use Apple Remote Desktop 'Remote Management', this will over rule the Screen Sharing preferences and only the FileWave client preferences will need to be changed; activation script may be removed from the Fileset. In this instance, Authentication will be set by the configuration of Remote Management.
- Download the Fileset
- Drag the Fileset into your Admin console > Filesets
- Associate and Update Model
- Observe Client will now request Username and Password for the Admin on the device.