VPP token is Revoked error in the FileWave admin Dashboard or when trying to run a manual VPP sync in the "VPP and DEP" tab of FileWave admin preferences. This can be caused if you try to enter the same VPP token in to Apple configurator.
The Solution for this is to renew your VPP account in to FileWave.
Please Note: Steps 1 through 3 may look different for you if you are using VPP with your Apple School Manager (ASM) account. As long as you can download your VPP token the rest of the steps in this article will be the same for you.
What you'll need:
Access to your FileWave Admin superuser credentials
Access to the VPP Apple ID credentials
- Go to the following web address and select education or business then log in with your VPP credentials:
- Hit your account name in the top right then select "Account Summary" when you see the drop down box.
- The first section you will see is "Managed Distribution" and a description on it, then on the right you will see "Download Token" in blue, click on that to download your VPP Token. It will download the token with the file extension of .vpptoken
- Now you are ready to upload the toke to FileWave. Log into the admin, go to the preferences and the VPP & DEP tab then hit "Configure tokens" at the top which will prompt you for the superuser credentials for FileWave.
- The "Edit VPP service tokens" window will now be open and at the top of this window will be a pane with a list of your VPP tokens in FileWave. Double click the token you would like to update/renew. This will open the "VPP server token" window that will show the details of your VPP token.
- To update the token got to the middle pane and hit "Import..." this will open the finder/explore window where you will locate the .vpptoken that you downloaded in Step 3. Once you imported it you will noticed the token has changed slightly. Note: If you don't already have the "Owner email" section of this window filled out it is a goof idea to do so if, especially if you have multiple tokens so you know exactly which token goes with which email.
- Hit "Save" at the bottom right of the window to save the new token. You will then be prompted to wait a few minutes while the token gets updated, then the window closes on it's on.
- After that you are done!