If your intent is to run a production (or test) environment of FileWave from a VMWare Fusion virtual machine environment, then your best choice is to install the virtual appliance that you can obtain from filewave.com. This article will walk you through the import of the downloaded OVF appliance into your VMWare Fusion environment.
1. First, you'll need to download and unzip the virtual appliance from filewave.com
2. Then, open VMware Fusion. Click “File” and “Import".
3. Now, browse your machine for the unzipped OVA/OVF from FileWave and click “Open”.
4. Name the OVF/Server and select where you would like to save it. Click "Save".
5. The appliance should start for you automatically, but if it doesn't, just click the "Start" button.
6. Once the VM is running, then the import is done! Most of the configuration of your server will be done from within the FileWave Admin console itself, but you can set a static IP and reset the root password from within the embedded Webmin interface in your browser (this is the web server running on port 10000 that you see referenced below).